How to log in to Finna
Watch illustrated instructions on How to use your Finna account
HAMK students and staff
How you create an account for Finna and log in for the first time with HAMK username and password
- Click Login at the top of the page
- Click Haka Login
- Enter your HAMK username and password
- After you have logged in your account opens. Go to the Library cards tab and click Connect library card button
- Type your library card number and the PIN code that you have received from the library (if you have not set your own PIN code yet). Click Save
- Move to Profile page and create your own personal PIN code
How you create an account for Finna and log in for the first time with your library card number
- Click Login on the top of the page
- Type your library card number and the PIN code library has given to you (if you have not set your own personal PIN code).
- Type your last name.
- Click Login on the top of the page
- Click My account
- Move to Profile page and create a personal PIN code
How to renew loans
HAMK students and staff can log in HAMK Finna with their HAMK username and password. During your first log in, you will need to add your library card in to your account. To do this, you will need your library card number and your PIN code. If you don’t remember your PIN code, you can change it in HAMK Finna.
Clients who don’t have HAMK user id can login with their library card number and the PIN code.
You can view your current loans on your account and renew loans.
You can renew your loans five times. When you’ve renewed your loan the five times, you’ll need to return the book. Please note that you cannot renew your loan if the item is on hold for another client or if you have more thank 10€ unpaid library fees.
Your account functions
You can add records to your favourites using the pin-shaped button on the search results page or the record page. You can sort selected records into lists of favourites, export records to Refworks, email records or print the records information.
Saved searches, search history and new entries alert
You can save your latest searches either on the search results page or by selecting Save in the latest searches under your saved searches.
Saved searches appear at the top. You can use the new entries alert to receive emails about new records either weekly or daily.
You can view information about your loans and renew loans.
Requests on items on loan
You can view information about your hold requests that you have placed on items that are currently on loan. You can also cancel your requests, if needed.
Requests on available items
You can view information about the requests you have placed on items available at some campus library. You can also cancel your requests, if needed.
You can view your library fines and fees (e.g., overdue fees) and pay them online.
Library card and adding your library card to your HAMK ID
You can add your HAMK library card to HAMK Finna by opening a form with the Connect library card button.
You can change your email address, set a due date reminder or select the HAMK library where you want to pick up the items you have requested.
Contact your campus library if you wish to change your contact information.
Changing your PIN code
You can change your PIN code under Profile. If you have added your library card to your HAMK username and then change your PIN code at the library service desk, you need to update the new PIN code in HAMK Finna.
You can pay via Finnish online banks or by using international credit cards.
You can pay online all HAMK library's fines and fees
- overdue fees
- fees for uncollected requests or inter-library loans
- a new library card
- a replacement cost for lost material
- a handling fee of an invoice
Renewing or borrowing material is not possible if your fees are 10 euros or more. Fees for overdue loans will appear in your payments and become payable after renewing/returning your loans.
Please note. If your loans are 21 days overdue, the library system considers them as 'lost' and adds a replacement cost to your fees. If you still have the material please return it to the library as soon as possible so that unnecessary costs can be removed from your customer data. When your loans are one month overdue, you will be send an invoice that has to be paid in full and the library does not accept returns anymore. But if you have lost the material, you need to pay a replacement cost.
When paying online, you have to pay the whole amount. You cannot change the amount.
More information on HAMK library fees can be found on HAMK library price list.
Paying online step by step:
- Login to HAMK Finna. Please note that if you login with your HAMK username and password you need to add your library card to your own Finna account (if you have not done it already). After that the fees appear in your account. When you log in with your library card, the fees appear automatically in the Fines tab.
- Go to your account and choose Fines tab.
- Please note: during database maintenance from 10 pm to 11 pm online paying may not succeed.
- Select Pay online.
- Accept the transfer of your data by selecting Accept.
- When you have clicked Accept you will continue to online payment. After you have paid your fees via a Finnish online bank or by using an international credit card, please return to Finna so that the payment will be registered to the library system without a delay.
Please contact the library if you need help.
How to make a reservation
NOTE. If you use HAMK Finna to place your reservation, you also accept that the pick-up is from an open shelf. Your hold identifier (usually your own name) will be visible on the reservation slip placed inside the book. You may change your hold identifier on your Finna-profile.
If you do not want to use the open shelf, use library service desk to place your order. Mention that you want to pick up your reservation at the service desk instead of the open shelf.
How to make a reservation
- First log in HAMK Finna either with your library card or by using Haka Login if you have added your HAMK library card to your HAMK username.
- After you have logged in, type the title you want to request in the search box, click enter and go to the title's record page by clicking the right title from the search results list.
- From the record page you can check if there are any items available in any of the HAMK campus libraries. Start making a request by clicking Place a Request -button in the upper right-hand corner of the holdings (availability) information.
- Fill in the information in the request form. Your request is automatically valid for 7 months. Choose the correct pick-up location if you have not set a preferred pick-up location in your account's profile. If you have set your preferred pick-up location in your profile, it will appear automatically in the request form.
- Click button Submit Request. The system informs you whether your request was successful or not. You can check your request situation under the Requests tab in your account.
- You will receive an email notification once the material you’ve requested is ready for pick up at your campus library. Requested material is held for 7 days. Please check your email notice of arrival for when to collect your request at the latest.
If you have feedback on the content of Finna or its' functions, click on Feedback on the webpage. This feedback will be sent to the organisation that submitted the material to Finna.